DAE Doctoral Fellowship Scheme (DDFS) formerly known as DGFS- Ph.D for pursuing Ph.D under the aegis of Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI) a Deemed to be University, will be admitted to one of the following Constituent Institutions of HBNI:
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai;
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam;
- Institute of Plasma Research (IPR), Gandhinagar;
- Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre(VECC), Kolkata.
- Qualifying Degree and other academic qualifications: Candidates should possess M.E. / M.Tech. or equivalent postgraduate degree in Chemical, Computer, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Metallurgical/Materials, Nuclear Engineering with minimum 60% Marks. In addition to this, the student should have 60% marks in B. E. /B. Tech. or any other degree considered to enter M.E. / M.Tech. programme. The 'qualifying 60% marks' should be as per the ordinances of the respective degree awarding university OR equivalent of cumulative grade point average CGPA (converted to % Marks by multiplying with 100/x if the CGPA is on x points scale).
- Age limit: The candidates desirous of availing DDFS fellowship should have been born on or after August 1, 1993. Age limit is relaxable by three years for OBC-NCL(non-creamy layer) and by five years for SC/ST applicants. Persons with Disability (PWD) of all categories are eligible for further age relaxation of 10 years. The age limit for the candidates working as faculty in Engineering Colleges is 40 years, who desire to pursue Ph.D. without the fellowship grant.
- Nationality: Applicant should be an Indian citizen.
Applications are invited from Engineering Postgraduates for Admission to DDFS Programme (2021)